Effective 11.59pm, Friday 25 February 2022 masks will no longer be required in BCL buildings.
Physical distancing is an important part of mitigating the COVID-19 pandemic. All signage and preventative measures as recommended have been installed in all common areas in all buildings. encouraging the ongoing practice of physical distancing and safe working practices.
It is important that we all follow government advice around physical distancing, this includes:
- Maintaining 1.5m distance at all times.
- Ensuring overcrowding of lift carriages does not occur.
- Reducing contact with shared surfaces such as common area furniture.
- Encouraging and practicing reduced activity in common area kitchens and break out areas.
- In cases where conference rooms are required, reducing meeting room capacity by monitoring the number of people per room is advised. If your floor does not have adequate meeting room facilities for physical distancing please contact the BCL Service Desk.
- Disinfecting meeting rooms with provided antibacterial wipes after use.
To ensure everybody’s safety and security in these uncertain times property security protocols and processes may change from time to time as legislated:
- All barristers, occupants and guests to follow the signage in all buildings.
- All front doors to BCL buildings are now open without restricted access, however you still need your swipe card to access your floor.
- End of Trip (EOT facilities) are available with nightly and high touch point cleaning regimes in place.
- Additional security is present at Owen Dixon Chambers East and will continue to provide support for all barristers in all BCL buildings as required
- Car parks – permanent allocated car parks in BCL buildings will also remain swipe access as permitted.
Provided in all bulidings:
- Hand sanitiser stations placed in ground floor lobbies.
- Hand sanitisers placed in the lift lobby of all floors.
- Hand sanitisers placed in the car parks for Owen Dixon Chambers East and Owen Dixon Chambers West.
- Nightly cleaning of all bathrooms, including chambers.
- Additional touch point cleaning is completed twice daily and includes foyers, lifts and lift buttons and common areas on all floors (including kitchens and bathrooms). See note of the product used by Demos our contractor: Nanocyn, the chemical free sanitiser used for all touch point and decontamination cleans, is now certified by the TGA to kill viruses and bacteria within 30 seconds and COVID-19 within 15 seconds.
- Click here for the Nanocyn safety data sheet.
Click here for the Australian Government’s Public Summary on Nanocyn.
- Deep cleaning and additional precautionary cleaning will be completed if appropriate or in the event of a confirmed positive case.