During Stage 4 restrictions, effective 11.59pm Wednesday 5 August and ceasing Sunday 13 September 2020 please note the following for BCL services and support.
Technology & Network Services & Support
All technology service and support will continue to be provided remotely with priority technology support in chambers as permitted.
Property Services & Support
As permitted, priority and essential services and maintenance will be provided across all BCL buildings. All chamber management, vacancy advertising, applications and moving chambers will be deferred throughout this period.
Social distancing is an important part of mitigating the COVID-19 pandemic. BCL has installed signage in all common areas of properties encouraging the ongoing practice of social distancing and safe working practices.
To ensure everybody’s safety and security in these uncertain times all buildings will require swipe access for entry and/or movement within the building.
- All floors will remain swipe access only (barristers on the floor, staff and clerk access).
- Additional security has been arranged to provide support for all barristers in all BCL buildings.
- Car parks – permanent allocated car parks in BCL buildings will also remain swipe access as permitted.
- All deliveries and concierge access to be provided by security at Owen Dixon Chambers East concierge with deliveries placed in the mail room for collection and distribution by clerks – This may change subject to restrictions on clerks.
- All basement and ground floor end of trip facilities are closed.
- Essential property maintenance will continue within all of our properties, ensuring our buildings are adequately maintained.
BCL has been proactive and will continue to increase the level of cleaning across all buildings where required including:
- Hand sanitiser stations placed in ground floor lobbies.
- Hand sanitisers placed in the lift lobby of all floors.
- Hand sanitisers placed in the car parks for Owen Dixon Chambers East and Owen Dixon Chambers West.
- Nightly cleaning of all floors, including chambers.
- Increased daily cleaning of entrance points including inside and outside of lifts, entrance handles and handrails.
- Deep cleaning and additional precautionary cleaning will be completed if appropriate or in the event of a confirmed positive case.